Ready to launch your survey? Before you do that, remember to go through this checklist:
- Publish your survey for the first time and test it (preferably with a representative test group)
- Test on both desktop and mobile devices
- Check what the test data looks like. Is it in a format you can easily use for analysis? For example, could a Choose multiple options question work better as a Choose one option question?
- Hide test results
Images and maps:
- Delete any background images and maps that are not being used: Go to Survey settings > Backgrounds and check that all the images and maps listed are ones that you are using in your survey. Remember to check the pages on which the image/map is used. Delete any images and maps (click the 'x' that follows the page checkboxes) you're not using so that they do not make the survey slow to load. If you change your mind, you can always find the image/map again in Materials (for images and maps you've brought to Maptionnaire) or under System maps (for any maps we provide).
- Check the sizes of image and map files: All the map and image files that you use in your survey are under 500 kb in size. If you have several files on the same page, we recommend that their combined size should be max. 1 MB. Larger files are likely to make your survey slower to load on especially older devices and poorer internet connections.
URL, QR code and social media settings:
- Customized survey URL + QR code: If you'd like to use a customized shortlink and QR code for your survey, read the linked article for specifics and then contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Languages: We can also create links to each language version of the survey if your survey is in several languages.
- Social media settings: Check that you've written a title, description and image under Card. These will be shown if the URL of the survey is shared on social media.
- Start and end dates: Set start and end dates for the data collection (Survey settings > General)
- Redirect link: Check that you have entered a redirect link in the survey settings (otherwise respondents will be directed to new.maptionnaire.com after completing the survey)
- Thank you note: Check that you've written a thank you note (under Style).
- Contact details: Remember to include in your survey introduction who the respondents should contact if they have questions about the survey.
- Main language: If you have created several language versions of the survey, check that the Main language (under Language) is the one you have drafted the original version of the survey in. Please note that if one of the translation languages should be the language version that people see by default, you should use a language parameter in the URL instead of changing the Main language setting.
- Will respondents be using a shared device? If you know that respondents will most likely be using the same device to respond to the survey, remember to attach a session reset parameter to the survey URL.